Read the latest news stories...
- Take care during this hot weather
- Nurse-led service shortlisted for three awards
- Trust staff celebrate National Breastfeeding Week
- Trust celebrates one millionth hi-tec patient reading
Stay cool and healthy as the temperatures rise
A Trust service for patients with a gynaecological cancer has been shortlisted for three national awards. The nurse-led team, set up in November 2013, has been nominated for:
- A Patient Safety Award in the cancer category
- A Value in Healthcare Award in the Value and Improvement in Specialist Services category
- A Nursing Times Award in the cancer nursing category.
Staff across the Trust are helping mums give their children the very best possible start in life as they celebrate National Breastfeeding Week, which started on Saturday 20 June.
Nursing staff at Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust have monitored more than one million patient vital signs using the latest hi-tec equipment. The VitalPAC system was introduced at the Trust’s three hospital sites – Pinderfields, Pontefract and Dewsbury – last year and is already helping improve patient safety.