What is thoracic medicine?
Thoracic medicine, also known as Chest medicine or Respiratory medicine, is a speciality of medicine which deals with investigation and treatment of diseases of the lungs. The Thoracic medicine department in The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust has the expertise to treat all common and rare respiratory diseases.
Common respiratory diseases:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Lung cancer
- Benign and malignant pleural diseases
- Obstructive sleep apnoea
- Interstitial lung disease (Lung fibrosis)
- Pneumoconiosis/Occupational lung diseases
- Unexplained cough
- Unexplained breathlessness