What can I expect?
Training and development
We invest heavily in the development of all staff - both in facilities and in time. Through regular appraisals and personal development planning, you'll have the opportunity to get as much as possible from your current role and access to the tools to equip you for a future role.
The work of our Medical Education and Simulation Hub (MESH) team is constantly evolving and you can find more information on the website www.midyorksmesh.co.uk.
Nursing staff joining the Trust will:
- Enjoy at least one month of supernumerary status
- Undertake the four day Skills in Practice Programme (SIPP) - an innovative, hands on approach to learning with one day in our simulation suite
- Commence the Band 5 Competency Framework, which includes Preceptorship for newly qualified nurses
- Be assigned a ‘buddy’ on shift during your first month
- Be invited to join the MY HCA and Nursing Improvement PODs – an innovative group to enable change to improve patient care by those working on the wards.
We are also able to support your learning with the onsite library at Pinderfields and the learning resources available at Dewsbury Hospital.
We offer a comprehensive voluntary benefits package, a salary sacrifice scheme and a range of local discounts to all our staff.
All these are in addition to the standard benefits that you expect from the NHS, such as:
- Competitive pay
- A final salary pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy and sell days
- A range of support and policies to help you balance your work and family commitments.
We recognise that our workforce and local communities are culturally diverse, therefore we have prayer rooms at each hospital site, and Multi-Faith Centres at Dewsbury and Pinderfields hospitals.
There is a free staff shuttle bus, linking our three main sites together, which runs every half hour from each hospital and we also have a gym available at Dewsbury for all staff.