Please click one of the links below for information on Blood Tests:
Part of Pathology, the Phlebotomy department provides blood tests for both outpatients and patients staying overnight in any of our hospitals.
Outpatients are usually referred by their GP or by medical staff within the Trust and can visit the Phlebotomy department at any point during their usual opening hours on a walk-in basis.
Blood tests for patients staying overnight are usually provided on the ward by trained Phlebotomists.
Dewsbury and District Hospital – ground floor, Ridings Building (near blue Outpatients desk)
Pinderfields Hospital – Floor B
Pontefract Hospital – Floor A
- Dewsbury and District Hospital - the Outpatient Phlebotomy service is open Monday to Friday, from 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- Pinderfields Hospital - the Outpatient Phlebotomy service is open Monday to Friday, from 8am to 4.30pm.
- Pontefract Hospital - the Outpatient Phlebotomy service is open Monday to Friday, from 8.30am to 4.30pm.
The Outpatient Phlebotomy service is not available at weekends or on Bank Holidays.
Please note that there is no service available at Dewsbury and District Hospital on Thursday afternoons for GP patients.
Phlebotomy departments across the Trust will close once a month for staff meetings, training and audit. Please note that there will be no Phlebotomy service to Trust or community patients on the following days:
- Dewsbury and District Hospital – last Wednesday EVERY MONTH from 8am to 11am
- Pinderfields Hospital - third Tuesday EVERY MONTH from 8am to 11am
- Pontefract Hospital – third Thursday EVERY MONTH from 8am to 11am
When the service restarts, patients will be prioritised as directed by the wards to ensure that there is minimal disruption to discharge procedures. Clinically urgent bloods need to be collected by the clinical teams and sent to the laboratory.
To contact the Phlebotomy departments, please call:
- Dewsbury and District Hospital, tel: 01924 541000 ext 84052.
- Pinderfields Hospital, tel: 01924 541440.
- Pontefract Hospital, tel: 01924 541000