Burns (Regional Burns Unit)
Please click the links below for information on our Burns service:
We have a Regional Adults’ Burns Centre and Regional Children’s Burns Unit, based at Pinderfields Hospital.
The Burns service serves a population of approximately 3.5 million people across West Yorkshire, North and East Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire. The service is accessed by 19 Emergency Departments in an area of around 3,000 square miles.
The Unit manages approximately 150-200 patients every year, often with major and life-threatening burns and 1,800 outpatients (including outreach services).
As well as five adult beds for burns patients, the Centre has two ICU beds.
Young burns patients are cared for on the children’s ward where there are five paediatric burns beds.
Treatment of burns and scalds involves different expert staff, including:
- Plastic Surgeons with burns experience
- Nursing staff
- Outreach Sisters
- Occupational Therapists
- Play Specialists.
Adults’ Burns Centre – Gate 29, Floor C
Children’s Burns Unit – Gate 46, Floor E
To contact the Regional Burns Unit, please call:
Tel: 01924 541000
Reception – 01924 541700 (Adults)
Nurses Station – 01924 541931 (Paediatrics)
- All rooms are more spacious, brighter and lighter. They are all single rooms with ensuite facilities
- The environment is thermically regulated and features ceiling mounted heaters
- There’s a dedicated therapy room for burns patients as well as a new separate reception and waiting area
- Views from bedrooms are more uplifting for patients
- The Centre has specialist patient hoist systems as well as new weigh beds (important to weigh patients for recovery and rehabilitation purposes).
You may find the following websites and contact details helpful:
- Changing Faces www.changingfaces.org.uk/
- Dan’s Fund for Burns www.dansfundforburns.org/
- Pinderfields Burns Club: Tel: 01924 541000
Adult and Children’s Outreach Service
The aim of this service is to support hospital to home care. This experienced team of Nursing Sisters is also available to offer advice and support to other healthcare providers within our region.
The Pinderfields Burns Club
The Burns Club provides a forum through which young people who have had major burn injuries can meet to have fun and share experiences. Various club activities are held throughout the year.
Pinderfields Burns Club: Tel: 01924 541000