MY Therapy Team
Who are MY Therapy?
MY Therapy is a team of community therapists and support workers. We see patients within the Wakefield district who require assessment, treatment and rehabilitation services. The team is made up of physiotherapists, dieticians and support staff.
MY Therapy has teams based across several community bases. We respond to referrals according to the urgency of the situation and the needs of the patient. We can respond as quickly as 2 hours of referral dependent on the patient’s circumstances and their requirements.
An Overview of our service
Rehabilitation can be provided in any community setting including patients own homes, residential Care homes, residential rehabilitation setting
The service specialises in the following areas:
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Falls and Orthopaedics
- Generic Rehabilitation
- Occupational Therapy
Access & Criteria / Referring to us
- 18 years and over
- Registered with a Wakefield District GP
- Medically manageable within primary care
- Rehabilitation potential (OT, PT, Dieticians)
- Urgent OT / PT related equipment / mobility aids to prevent admission
- Therapy and or Dietetic input to patients at home or in the bedded units
- Respiratory service including pulmonary rehab groups
- Generic rehabilitation and falls management
- Neuro service including Early Supported Discharge (ESD) and management of long term conditions
- Cardiac rehabilitation service
- Support to emergency department to prevent admission
- Assessment & intervention in a crisis to try to maintain someone in their own home and prevent admission
Referring to MY Therapy Community Rehabilitation
- Via single point of contact (SPOC): 01924 327591
- For advice or to refer directly: 01977 747472
- For reception / admin (non referrals): 01977 747471
Locations & Opening Hours
- MY Therapy is a seven day a week service, 365 days a year. Our hours of work are Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm, weekends, 8am-3pm. We also cover all bank holidays.
- We are based across five community settings:
- Civic Centre, Castleford
- Waterton House, Wakefield
- Bullenshaw House, Hemsworth
- The Bungalow, Castleford
- Wakefield Intermediate Care Unit
We also have community based group settings for the speciality teams (Cardiac and Respiratory specialisms).