Please click on the links below for information on Neurology:
Neurology is the branch of medicine that deals with the structure and function of the nervous system, and the diagnosis and treatment of the diseases and disorders that affect it, for example:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Short-term memory problems
- Movement disorders, and much more.
We provide neurology services from all three main hospital sites as listed below. When a neurology patient needs to be admitted for investigation and treatment they are admitted to the Pinderfields site.
- Dewsbury and District Hospital - two consultant outpatient clinics per week, with one session for ward referrals.
- Pinderfields Hospital - 16 consultant outpatient clinics per week including specialised clinics in headaches, movement disorders, dystonia and multiple sclerosis. Two nurse specialist clinics for Parkinson's disease, one headache nurse clinic, and two specialist clinics for multiple sclerosis.
- Pontefract Hospital - one consultant outpatient clinic per week, with one session for ward referrals.
Cerebral Palsy Group - https://cerebralpalsygroup.com/