Our YRSIC Services
The Yorkshire Regional Spinal Injuries Centre provides acute care, rehabilitation, readmission, surgical procedures and Outpatient services to individuals with spinal cord injuries.
The Outpatient service provides the following clinics:
- Review/Procedure clinics – Tuesday and Thursday mornings and Thursday afternoons
- New patient clinics – Tuesday and Thursday afternoons
- Interventional Pain clinic – Monday afternoons
- Fertility clinics – alternate Friday mornings
- Bowel clinics – alternate Friday mornings
- Procedure/Review clinics – alternate Friday afternoons
- Neuro-Urology clinic (Mr Simon Harrison) – Tuesday mornings
- Orthotics clinic – Tuesday mornings
- Intrathecal test doses for morphine and baclofen – Wednesday mornings
We also provide Inpatient care (for patients who need to stay in hospital overnight).
Our ward is a 34-bedded centre, treating both male and female patients of all age groups from Yorkshire, Humberside and beyond.
The ward is divided into four teams. Each team has a Senior Nurse, a team of Staff Nurses and Healthcare Assistants. The ward consists of a 2-bedded high observation area, six 4-bedded bays and eight single side rooms. Each bay and side room has an en suite toilet and shower room.The wards have more patient comforts such as electric height adjustable ‘profile beds’ and specialist hoists for safely lifting and transporting patients with spinal cord injuries.
There may be occasions when we have to move patients to a different bed space on the ward. We try to keep this to a minimum, however, on occasions it may by unavoidable.
Side rooms are allocated on the basis of medical/nursing need and cannot be requested.
We try to ensure single sex accommodation at all times (in exceptional circumstances this may not be possible due to clinical need).
Back to main Yorkshire Regional Spinal Injuries Centre page.