Pain management service
About our service
Pain Management is the medical discipline concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and management of painful conditions.
We provide Pain Management services for a wide variety of conditions, including:
- Chronic back pain
- Chronic Musculo-Skeletal pain (including facial pain and headache)
- Neuropathic pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Pelvic/abdominal pain
- Urological pain
- Malignant pain, alongside palliative care and oncology services.
Our services include:
- Self-help guidance and support
- TENS machine loan and advice
- Pain Management Physiotherapy
- Pain Medications Management (including Opiate Therapy)
- Psychological support
- Spinal Injection Interventions
When do we offer this service
Clinics at Pontefract Hospital run Monday to Friday, from 9am to 4.30pm. At Dewsbury and District Hospital clinics run on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, from 9am to 4.30pm.
The types of clinics we run include:
- New patient clinics
- Review clinics
- Physiotherapy clinics
- Clinical Nurse Specialist clinics
- CRPS clinics
- TENS clinic
- Injection/treatment sessions.
The day of the week for each clinic will depend on the Consultant that is caring for you.