Urology (urinary tract)
Please click on the links below for information on Urology:
Urology is the diagnosis and treatment of conditions of the kidneys, ureters, bladder, urethra and male reproductive organs. Conditions treated include:
- Kidney stones
- Scrotal swelling
- Urinary frequency, urgency and incontinence
- Urinary tract infections
- Prostate, bladder and kidney cancer
- Interstitial cystitis.
Outpatient and day case Urology services are offered on all three hospital sites, whilst services for patients needing to stay overnight are centralised at Pinderfields Hospital.
We provide Outpatient Urology services from:
- Dewsbury and District Hospital – Outpatient clinics are held on Tuesdays
- Pinderfields Hospital – Outpatient clinics are held on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Pontefract Hospital – Outpatient clinics are held on Thursdays
All three hospitals have a Urology Investigation Unit running from Monday to Friday, where we provide one-stop Prostate and Haematuria clinics, Flow clinics, Urodynamics and Bladder Treatments.
We also provide a day surgery operating list in each hospital for minor operations.
We provide specialist services in addition to general Urology:
- Pelvic Oncology: Mr R Sundaram, Mr M Dooldeniya, Mr T Mendonca
- Spinal Injuries etc: Miss S Symons, Mr I Beckley, Mr A Ali
- Endourology: Mr T Browning, Mr P Hughes, Mr M Elmussareh
Please refer to the patient information leaflets from the British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS). You can download the leaflets from the BAUS website, here www.baus.org.uk/
British Association of Urological Surgeons: www.baus.org.uk/
Cystitis and Overactive Bladder Foundation: www.cobfoundation.org/