Please click on the links below to find out more information about Women's services;
Welcome to the Endometriosis Centre
Patients with endometriosis will be referred to any of our general gynaecology consultants for treatment and management unless
Severe endometriosis has already been diagnosed
There is a higher likelihood of your endometriosis being severe because you have 1 or 2 endometriomas
You have recurrent endometriosis
- You have significant pain or infertility problems.
In which case, your care will be transferred under Mr Kremer.
Mid Yorkshire NHS is a BSGE accredited endometriosis centre. (British society gynaecology endoscopy) BSGE Accreditation certification [pdf] 313KB
What this means to you
- Mr Kremer is a dedicated consultant who is specifically devoted to patients with moderate to severe endometriosis. Supporting consultant is Mr Shett who cares for patients with mild to moderate endometriosis.
- Your appointment will be in a specialist endometriosis clinic, where all degrees of severity of endometriosis are treated, but because we are an accredited centre, severe cases of endometriosis can be treated at our centre.
- The BSGE ensures that gynaecologists work in appropriate clinical teams, audit their outcomes and maintain their surgical skills by maintaining sufficient workload of complex cases.
- Care at a specialist endometriosis centre is within a MDT (multi-disciplinary team) This means that named consultants from colorectal, urology and pain management support the service and attend complex surgery where necessary and participate in giving the best advise surgery and follow-up care
- You will have access to a Specialist endometriosis nurse who will be available for support
A full list of endometriosis centres can be found online at the BSGE website.