What is clinical health psychology?
Physical illness or disability can affect many different aspects of your life, including your psychological well-being.
For example, you may need help with:
- Stress arising from illness, diagnosis or treatment
- Depression, worry, anxiety or feelings of panic
- Sleep disturbance
- Loss of confidence
- Coping with changes in how you look
- Coping with changes in work or home life
- Sexual and relationship difficulties
- Loss, e.g. physical health or independence
- Fear of death
- Making the most of life despite serious or disabling health problems, eg chronic pain or breathing difficulties.
The aim of working with the Clinical Psychology team is to help you get a clearer picture of your difficulties, agree what areas to work on and how you might do this. This might involve assessments and or different models of therapy.