The Critical Care Unit at Pinderfields Hospital provides both intensive and high dependency care to patients.
About our service
The Critical Care Unit (CCU) at Pinderfields Hospital provides both intensive and high dependency care to patients in the Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust, as well as specialist intensive care burns facilities.
The Critical Care Unit can provide care for up to 20 critically ill patients at any one time, including dedicated facilities for patients with severe burn injuries.
It is staffed by a dedicated team of Nurses, Doctors, Advanced Critical Care practitioners and Allied Health Professionals who ensure that patients receive constant care and monitoring 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The unit also benefits from:
- A modern, spacious environment.
- Brand new equipment.
- A dedicated team of reception staff to greet visitors and direct enquiries as needed.
- Involvement in national and international research programmes to improve patient outcomes.
- A Critical Care education team.
Our Trust has a Critical Care Outreach team covering the Pinderfields site. The team visit patients whose condition may need extra support, either on the ward, or by transfer to our Critical Care facilities. The Outreach team:
- Assist ward teams to choose the best course of action for patients
- Support staff to facilitate the continuing recovery of discharged patients on wards.
- Offer a follow-up clinic for CCU patients post-discharge from hospital.
What our patients say
My Mum spent 13 nights on ICU. We would like to thank all the staff for their professionalism and compassion. Their communication and clarity of explanations was exceptional.