With the support of NHS England and NHS Improvement, at Mid Yorkshire now offers video consultations to patients. The decision to offer this type of appointment to patients will be made by a medical professional depending on a patient’s individual care needs or as clinically appropriate.
Video consultations are currently done using NHS England Attend Anywhere, which is a secure web-based platform for patients with pre-arranged video consultation appointments.
What is needed for a video consultation appointment?
- Desktop computer with camera, speakers and microphone OR
- Laptop computer (camera, speakers and microphone generally inbuilt) OR
- iPad/smartphone/tablet (camera, speakers and microphone generally inbuilt)
- Google Chrome or Safari (Apple devices) as web browser AND
- Private, well-lit area, preferably not with a lighted background for the consultation
Find out more information about video consultations, including how they work and how to use them.
Testing equipment and link prior to your video consultation
Before your appointment, please test your equipment. This can be done via the MY test area or the actual waiting area using the test call button.
- Click on the relevant clinic/waiting area that your appointment is for and choose ‘Test Call’. Click on the ‘Test Call’ button and follow the instructions displayed on screen. If the equipment is sufficient to support the video consultation, you will receive a message on your screen saying: ‘You are able to make WebRTC calls’. OR
- You can test your equipment between 12pm–1pm, Monday to Friday, using the test URL.
If the test call fails, please ring the contact number in your appointment letter.
How to join the waiting area for a video consultation
Follow the points below for instructions of how to join the waiting area for a video consultation.
- Five minutes before your appointment time, click on the relevant clinic/waiting area from the list and choose ‘Start Call’.
- You will be taken through a series of steps to ensure that your equipment is set up correctly. This is similar to what you did for the ‘Test Call’.
- Once the steps have been completed, you will be prompted to enter your details and accept the terms and conditions. This information is not stored and any details will be transferred securely.
- Click on the ‘Start Call’ button and you will enter the waiting room until your consultation begins.
- You will see yourself on the video and hear music. The waiting room is private and you will not see other patients.
- When the consultation is ready to begin, your image will shrink and move to the corner of the screen and you will see your clinician.
- The video call is free (except for your internet usage charge) and data is not used whilst you are in the waiting room.
Please do not click on any of the virtual waiting area links (other than the test area) if you do not have a scheduled appointment. You will not be seen in a video consultation unless you have an appointment.
Access the waiting areas.
Frequently asked questions
We have produced a range of frequently asked questions for our video consultations to help you understand more about this service. Access the frequently asked questions.