We’re unbeliveably proud of the achievements of all our staff in the last year. Even througout the pandemic they continued to win awards and recognition for their fantastic achievements, some of which included:
- March 2021 - our Lower Limb Clinic team were winners of the British Journal of Nursing Award ‘Wound Care Nurse of the Year’
- April 2020 - the Trust’s eMeds Project Team was named as Team of the Year at the Leading Healthcare Awards, for the Trust-wide implementation of eMeds, our electronic prescribing and medicines administration (ePMA) system. The eMeds project was also presented with a highly commended award in the Patient Safety category and named as a finalist in the category of Clinical Improvement.
- July 2020 - the Trust achieved Gold status under the Ministry of Defence’s Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS), demonstrating our ongoing commitment to our armed forces community and reservists.
- October 2020 - our Cardiac Rehabilitation Multi-Disciplinary Team were awarded a green certified status by the National Certification Programme for Cardiac Rehabilitation, for their efforts in providing excellent care for our cardiac patients in their recovery.
- November 2020 - Chief Executive, Martin Barkley, was awarded BAPIO’s (British Association of Physicians of Indian Origin) President’s Award for Outstanding Leadership. In recognition and acknowledgement of his passion for racial equality and diversity, and his contribution and dedication to the NHS.
- Our Shared Referral Pathway was highly commended in the category of Cardiovascular Care Initiative of the Year at the HSJ Value Awards 2021, and a shortlisted finalist in the BMJ Awards 2021.