Access your health record with Patients Know Best
Access your health record and manage your health securely online
At Mid Yorks we are pleased to introduce a new online service for our patients that gives you secure access to your personal health record.
What is Patients Know Best?
Patients Know Best (PKB) is our online patient portal that enables you to access personal health information relating to the care we provide to you, and is designed to improve your patient experience and access to NHS services and information.
PKB is a secure online system where your data is stored. Simply log in using any internet-enabled device, such as a smartphone, tablet or desktop computer. You can view your healthcare information such as hospital appointment information, appointment letters and Covid-19 negative results.
Once you have signed up to the system, you will begin to receive some of your future correspondence this way, helping to keep your personal information securely in one place. You can also choose to provide access to your personal information on PKB to family, carers and health professionals. Don’t worry, this is your choice and you can also remove permissions at any time.
Patients Know Best is available now
Patients Know Best was launched in January 2021. If you have been a patient at The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust in the last 12 months, you will receive an invitation to register for PKB by either email, SMS text message or posted letter.
Find out more
Find out more about registering for, logging in and using PKB in our frequently asked questions.
Benefits of Patients Know Best
A secure online space to view your hospital appointment information, appointment letters and Covid-19 negative results, with instant notifications when new information is made available.
- Your information available on any internet-enabled device, anywhere, anytime.
- The option (if you wish) to share this information with family, carers and health professionals.
- Paperless online access to your personal health information at the Trust.
- Environmentally-friendly, less paper means reducing the impact on the environment.
This service is free to our patients and is offered using the NHS-accredited Patients Know Best (PKB) system. It’s part of our promise and ongoing commitment to give you more choice and control over your care.
The service will allow you to:
View your medical information:
- Appointment information
- Appointment letters
- Covid-19 negative test results
Record important medical information:
- Medications you are taking
- Diagnosis information
- Data from wearable devices (e.g. glucometers or Fitbits)
- Other important paper documentation
Share and control access to your health record:
- Share with a carer, family member or other health and care professionals involved in your care, e.g. your GP, pharmacist, at-home care provider or a paramedic during an emergency.
- Get access whether you are at home, in another part of the country or even abroad.
- Monitor who has access and control what parts of your records they can see.
- Consent to share information for research of your choice.
Sharing your medical information, including details of your diagnosis, allergies or the medication you are taking, can be critical for many patients, particularly if you have a long-term condition or any specific care needs.
Manage your health, treatment and communications:
- Monitor and track symptoms
- Keep a health journal
- Exchange messages with your healthcare team
- Access resources tailored for you by your healthcare team
How to register for PKB
If you have been a patient at The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust in the last 12 months, you will receive an invitation to register for PKB by either email, SMS text message or posted letter. This invitation will include invite and access codes that you will need to complete registration. Once you receive your invite to register with PKB, visit www.joinpkb.com. You can also watch this video about registering with PKB.
How to log in to PKB
To log in to PKB, visit my.patientsknowbest.com.
Find out more about PKB
You may like to read our Patients Know Best frequently asked questions or watch this short video. To find out more about this service or to understand how your data is protected, visit the PKB website.