MY Therapy Community Team
MY Therapy is a community-based therapy service providing visits to patients in their homes and clinic settings that are registered with a Wakefield GP in the district and the surrounding area.
Who are MY Therapy?
MY Therapy is a team of community therapists and support workers. We see patients within the Wakefield district who require assessment, treatment and rehabilitation services. The team is made up of Physiotherapists (PT), Dieticians, Occupational Therapists (OT) and Support Staff.
MY Therapy has teams based across several community sites. We respond to referrals according to the urgency of the situation and the needs of the patient. We can respond as quickly as 2 hours of referral dependent on the patient’s circumstances and their requirements.
An overview of our service
Rehabilitation can be provided in any community setting including patients own homes, residential Care homes, residential rehabilitation setting
The service specialises in the following areas:
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Post Covid 19 Assessment service
- Falls and Orthopaedics
- Generic Rehabilitation
Types of patients we see
- Medically manageable within primary care
- Rehabilitation potential (OT, PT, Dieticians)
- Urgent OT / PT related equipment / mobility aids to prevent admission
- Therapy and or Dietetic input to patients at home or in community bedded units
- Respiratory service including pulmonary rehab groups and Post Covid 19 Assessment Team
- Generic rehabilitation and falls management
- Neuro service including Early Supported Discharge (ESD) and management of Long Term Conditions
- Cardiac rehabilitation service
- Support to emergency department to prevent admission
- Assessment & intervention in a crisis to try to maintain someone in their own home and prevent admission
Referring to MY Therapy Community Rehabilitation
- Via single point of contact (SPOC): 01924 327591
- For advice or to refer directly: 01977 747471
- For reception / admin (non referrals): 01977 747471
Locations and opening hours
MY Therapy is a seven day a week service, 365 days a year. Our hours of work are Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm, weekends, 8am-4pm. We also cover all bank holidays.
We are based across five community settings:
- Civic Centre, Castleford
- Waterton House, Wakefield
- Bullenshaw House, Hemsworth
- The Bungalow, Castleford
- Wakefield Intermediate Care Unit
We also have community based group settings for the speciality teams (Cardiac and Respiratory specialisms).
What our patients say
"They helped me a lot."
"Generally good. Nice people."
"Very helpful &; arrived the time they said. they organised a second banister to the stairs which happened the next morning."
"Getting me going."
"They got me on my feet."