Patient feedback - Tell us what you think, we are listening
Patient feedback - we are listening
The Trust is committed to providing a first-class service to all our patients. Your feedback is vital to us so that we can improve the areas that need improving and make sure we keep doing the things we are doing right.
Here at Mid Yorkshire our ambition is to achieve excellent patient experience each and every time. Patients, carers, friends and family are welcome to leave feedback at any point.Please tell us about your experience through our online survey.
The Friends and Family Test question asks “Overall, how was your experience of our service?” and our survey gives the option for you to leave free text feedback as well as rating your experience.
The comments left, whether on an individual, team or service level, promote ideas for improvement, help celebrate good practice and raise morale.
Feedback via the Friends and Family Test is anonymous and can be given in the following ways:
You can leave your feedback online here. Simply select the type of service and team or ward name you want to leave feedback about. You can also access the survey in a number of alternative languages via this link.
You may be offered a card by a staff member for you to share your feedback with us.
Using your smartphone you can scan the QR code found on some of our posters, leaflets, flyers and on our Friends and Family Test feedback cards that you should see around our wards and departments.
Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
You can leave feedback - both good and bad - via the NHS UK website, where you can also see what others have said about their experience of the Trust. A member of Trust staff will respond in a timely manner to each comment/review.
If you would rather leave your feedback via the telephone, you can call our PALS team on 01924 542972 from 9am until 4pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
Other ways to tell us what you think
Due to the current situation within the hospital, the PALS drop-in service will be closed until further notice. PALS can still be contacted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via telephone (01924 542972). Thank you for your patience.
- National Friends and Family Test (FFT) provides an important opportunity for you to provide feedback on your experience of our services. You can give feedback via card, or online via www.tiny.cc/midyorks, all feedback is anonymous.
- Patient experience surveys - We regularly undertake both national and local patient experience surveys. These include a number of questions about your care and allows us to compare the results with other Trusts. Please contribute if you are asked or receive a survey. Results of national surveys can be accessed via the NHS surveys website.
- You can find useful information in our document: Patients, families and carers engagement and experience framework [pdf] 8MB
- Our PALS leaflet may also be helpful - 2q WEB How to tell us about a concern make a complaint or express your apppreciation.pdf
- Healthwatch – are independent national champions for people who use health and social care services. They are interested in finding out what matters to people, and help make sure their views shape the support they need. Our local Healthwatch organisations can be found below: