Following a period of uncertainty, we’re delighted to be able to continue the 113 free bus service for our staff, patients and visitors.
The 113 timetable will continue from 8 October and will run in between all three sites in the exact same way as it did previously.
This is an important service which is valued by those who use it as it makes travelling to and from hospital sites convenient, reliable, and accessible.
We’ve worked hard with the support of West Yorkshire Combined Authority (WYCA) to secure this new contract so that we can ensure continuity to the free service.
The patient and visitor service runs seven days per week and will run each hour throughout the day.
At weekends and Bank Holidays there is a reduced service which will run from midday until early evening, this will run each hour on an hourly basis.
An updated timetable is below.
Other paid for transport services available
Other publicly run services which run between the three hospitals on an hourly basis a frequent basis, up to every 15 minutes. A single fare is £2 and a DaySaver is £4.50.
These services are as follows:
- Pinderfields to Dewsbury – 111 or 444/446, change at Wakefield onto 268
- Dewsbury to Pinderfields – 268/446
- Pinderfields to Pontefract – 147/148/444/149/111
- Pontefract to Pinderfields – 148/446/444
Services 148/149, 268 and 444/446 run every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime, and every 30 minutes Sunday daytime. Service 111 runs every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime, and every hour Sunday daytime. The timetables can be found here:
- 111 Wakefield to Pinderfields: https://www.wymetro.com/buses/timetables/111
- 148/149 Wakefield to Pontefract: https://www.wymetro.com/buses/timetables/148
- 268 Wakefield to Dewsbury: https://www.wymetro.com/buses/timetables/268
- 444/446 Wakefield to Pinderfields: https://www.wymetro.com/buses/timetables/444
For those travelling in from Wakefield Westgate Train Station, services 111 and 444/446 can be accessed within a 10-minute walk from the station.
From Wakefield Kirkgate Train Station, services 147 and 174/175 can be access from Stanley Road Upper Warrengate which is a 9-minute walk from the station.
Wakefield also run the freecitybus which links key locations around Wakefield city centre including Westgate and Kirkgate rail stations, Wakefield Bus station, Trinity and The Ridings Centre, Cathedral and Westgate Retail and Leisure Parks.